What will I be doing?
Responsible for the maintenance/upgrade of sanitation and hygiene standards to ensure all food served to guests and employees are free of microbiological, chemical and physical contamination and all work areas conform to required Hygiene and Sanitation levels. Specifically, the he/she will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Propose and maintain minimum standards in all work areas, stores, receiving and disposal areas to adhere at all times to required hygiene standards
- Responsible for effective and efficient maintenance of records related to the Hotel's sanitation and hygiene efforts/program
- Formulates and maintains an up-to-date methodology manual that is constantly available for use and review by the section personnel
- Responsible for promoting effective dissemination coordination with the rest of the staff in the Hotel
- Responsible for the office/section area being clean and orderly with an organized and efficient workflow
- Performs special assignments and projects assigned to the office by the superiors
- Conduct and chair the FSS Monthly Meeting
- Monitors, assists and performs all procedures and protocols for maintaining an excellent sanitation and hygienic environment
- Is part of the Hotel's Sanitation Team, which conducts monthly sanitation inspections throughout all food handling areas and generate respective reports
- Continually liaises with external agencies (laboratory, government bureau, health practitioners, etc.) on sanitary matters.
What are we looking for?
Hygiene Manager/Assistant/Executive serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully full this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum two to three years work experience as Hygiene in a hotel or similar large restaurant complex, preferable prerequisite is experience in the Hotel/Food Service industry
- Responsible self-starter, capable of handling multi-faceted projects and of working under pressure
- Good communication and guest relation's skills, a proactive problem solver
- Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and is able to communicate effectively with all levels of team members
- Good computer skills. - Effective trainer, experienced in the delivery of skills training
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices, Food Act and occupational health and safety standards Certifications