Safety & Security Officer (Executive)
What I will be doing?
- Arrange the duties for the shift and be responsible for the efficient discharge of duties by subordinates.
- Responsible for the safe custody of all files, pagers, walkie-talkies, keys, etc and Fire Control Centre.
- Check the cleanliness in the hotel perimeter, service lifts, locker rooms, passage way, etc.
- Be responsible for all cash escorts to and from the General Cashier’s Room at Level 12. Record and issue Temporary ID Cards to all visitors, contractors or casual workers.
- Attend all Fire Drills and respond to any activated fire alarms.
- Open elsafe guest room safety boxes escorted by GSM or House Keeping Team Leader.
- Responsible of safe keeping all Lost & Found guest belongings and discharging them with a Final Discharge form.
- Ensure executing all daily Security Officers and Security Supervisor checklist.
- Ensure that clocking patrol is being carried out and reported printed out.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Department Head from time to time.
- Conduct Monthly training for Department’s team members.
- Double locking of doors.
- Conduct investigations
What are we looking for?
A Safety & Security Officer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- High school graduate or above
- Good physical condition
- At least two (2) years work experience of Health & Safety Executive or similar capacity
- Must be knowledgeable about fire procedures, disaster plan procedure, bomb threats and hotel evacuation procedures
- Should be well versed in local law/government regulations on Safety & Health
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Good grooming standards
- Ability to work under pressure, keeping calm in emergency situations
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in customer service environment
- First Aid Certification and Local Law Safety Cetifications
- Knowledge of Fire Alarms Panels, Local Goverments Audits
- IT proficiency
- Person-in-charge / Department
Peter Dundang (HR Manager)